This has been a journey of many firsts. It was my first desk bound job, first hand exposure to the working world and first time being the youngest in the pack. With my many firsts in this short span of 6 weeks, this has impacted my life in many ways.
“Extend kindness or love no matter how trivial it could be”
First and foremost, being the youngest of the pack and newest to their environment, I was always showered with abundance of love and concern. Serene provided opportunities and gave me mental preparation for every task assigned. Colleagues too, were unreasonably nice; cracking little jokes in the middle of stressful period and giving me the access to unlimited supply of snacks and chips.
These behaviours portrayed were very rare for me, and at times I find myself questioning “why are they so nice to me?” Being a leader and a friend in school, I was always giving “concern” to the people around me that it was actually daunting to realize that I have not been on the receiving end. However, this was a secondary matter because the actions of my colleagues actually made me feel that my current actions of “giving” had a certain positive impact to others. For example, being in a new environment, having no friends and absolutely strange about the surroundings, it would be heartwarming to have someone friendly and someone to depend on at times of loss. At MOM, I found my colleagues showing me the ropes and light and a tip of the iceberg about “working life”. I would like to thank them for integrating me into their world with absolutely little returns, though it might seem trivial, it has echoed an astounding effect on me.
The world has so much for me to explore. MOM have given me opportunities to hone my application skills and at same time, picked up new things along the way. Thank you for presenting the opportunities, and I hoped I was of help.
“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties” I will always bring along the attitude of a optimist, thank you for highlighting that strength of mine and last but not least this memorable learning journey that I had at MOM.
No comments:
Post a Comment